Hello all! I've been wanting to do this for ages, and just never really got around to doing it until now! I hope to be able to keep this up, but sometimes life just gets in the way! :)
Anyway, I'm going to be kind of jumping all over the place here, but wanted to start with the most recent happenings in my life since they are the freshest in memory!
Let's start with my immediate family here. My husband, Larry, and I met in June of 1995 at Columbia Bowl in Duarte (it's no longer there, sniff, sniff). He was bowling on a league that my parents had bowled on since the beginning of time. I had just recently moved back to California after my second marriage fell apart (that's a blog for another day!). Larry was very shy, and I was very hesitant in general about the whole dating thing anyway. We developed a bit of a friendship, but nothing more really over the summer. We only saw eachother at bowling, once a week. Well, finally, one November Tuesday, I drove him home from bowling, and the rest is pretty much history! We moved in together within about 6 weeks of our first date, and never looked back.
Anyway, I'm going to be kind of jumping all over the place here, but wanted to start with the most recent happenings in my life since they are the freshest in memory!
Let's start with my immediate family here. My husband, Larry, and I met in June of 1995 at Columbia Bowl in Duarte (it's no longer there, sniff, sniff). He was bowling on a league that my parents had bowled on since the beginning of time. I had just recently moved back to California after my second marriage fell apart (that's a blog for another day!). Larry was very shy, and I was very hesitant in general about the whole dating thing anyway. We developed a bit of a friendship, but nothing more really over the summer. We only saw eachother at bowling, once a week. Well, finally, one November Tuesday, I drove him home from bowling, and the rest is pretty much history! We moved in together within about 6 weeks of our first date, and never looked back.
Here's a picture of us at the "Top of the World" restaurant at the Stratosphere in Las Vegas shortly after we began dating!

He proposed to me in Monterey, CA on September 17, 1998. It was the most romantic thing ever! We were sitting on these rocks on the beach, watching the sunset when he proposed. We were married 1 year later, on September 18, 1999 at the Mandalay Bay Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas. It was a very beautiful wedding, and as nervous as I was, you'd have thought this was my first marriage, not my thrid! ;)
Here's a picture of our wedding party!

A few years later, in April, 2001 we bought a house about 35 miles east of where we were currently living. The house was a brand new construction, so we drove out every few weeks to watch the progress. That was probably one of the neatest things in the world, to watch this patch of dirt become your home. We moved into our home in January, 2002. We spent the first year here working on our unfinished backyard, and adjusting to life as homeowners. After our first summer here, we decided we HAD to have a pool! So, in February of 2003, we started pool construction. The pool was finished in May, 2003, just in time for summer!
A picture of our house!

At this point, we had been talking off and on for a few months about having a baby. By then, I was 33 and Larry was almost 38. We weren't getting any younger, and I didn't want to wait much longer if we were really going to do this. We decided in June, 2003 to start trying. We figured it would take us awhile due to our ages and a few other things. Well, low and behold, we became pregnant on our very first try! I got a positive test result on July 5, 2003. My due date was March 8, 2004.
Other than being sick 24/7, the pregnancy was pretty uneventful. We didn't start to buy anything until well after the first trimester was over. We finally decided to go ahead and buy our stroller and carseat the week of our ultrasound. The ultrasound was scheduled for Friday, September 26, 2003.
That is a story in itself, so I'll stop here for now!

At this point, we had been talking off and on for a few months about having a baby. By then, I was 33 and Larry was almost 38. We weren't getting any younger, and I didn't want to wait much longer if we were really going to do this. We decided in June, 2003 to start trying. We figured it would take us awhile due to our ages and a few other things. Well, low and behold, we became pregnant on our very first try! I got a positive test result on July 5, 2003. My due date was March 8, 2004.
Other than being sick 24/7, the pregnancy was pretty uneventful. We didn't start to buy anything until well after the first trimester was over. We finally decided to go ahead and buy our stroller and carseat the week of our ultrasound. The ultrasound was scheduled for Friday, September 26, 2003.
That is a story in itself, so I'll stop here for now!
3 comments:
For some reason I didn't know Larry was 5 yrs older than you. I can't wait to read more!
Awww, look at you two! So cute! :D
Miss Michelle!! You have been holding out on us! That is the first time I have seen a picture from your wedding, tisk tisk, lol. You two are so cute together! It took you a few toads before you found your Prince Charming.
Post a Comment