Thursday, January 18, 2007

Are they even sisters...let alone twins?

I swear, these 2 girls of mine could not be any more opposite if they tried! It definitely keeps me on my toes, but it's so tiring at times to try to cater to two very different needs. Sometimes I wish I could just split myself in half to give them the undivided attention they need!

Sarah would stay up 24/7 if she could.
Emily would sleep 15 hours straight with a 3 hour nap in between if she could.

Sarah would eat anything and evertyhing in sight if allowed.
Emily would eat ONLY bean burritos or Carl's Jr. Chicken Stars if allowed.

Sarah is the Energizer Bunny...non stop from wake up to bedtime.
Emily would probably sit and do nothing all day but watch TV if left alone (remember the laziness the perinatologist labeled on her?!?).

Sarah tries to read books.
Emily would rather be read to.

Emily is the boss. She tells Sarah what to do, how to do it, when to do it, and what to bring to her.
Sarah is a pushover and does whatever Emily tells her to do.

Emily is tough and loves being teased.
Sarah is so sensitive, and bursts into tears when you tease her too much.

One thing though that they both have is a great love for eachother, and everyone in their lives. The girls were sitting on the stairs today waiting for me to tie my shoes so we could leave, and Emily slung her arm around Sarah's shoulders and said "Sarah, you're my best friend". I wanted to burst into tears at that! It was so sweet!

I wouldn't trade being a mom of twins for the world...but I'm not sure I'd wish it on very many people! I'm just emotionally tired right now! :)

3 comments:

Natalie said...

They are too cute for words!

Stacy said...

I know it must be so hard at times but seeing those two cuties interact every day must be so wonderful too!

justmommy said...

Both girls absolutely as sweet as can be...each in their own way! Love to read the comparisons! :)